Why Should You Care?

Ohayo, minasan! Welcome to the inner workings of a pinoy animator's everyday existence in the world of the japanese animation industry, that or some trivial stuff nobody'd give a dang. Let's see if it's all that's cracked up to be, shall we?

Friday, July 23, 2010

Dual Tigrex, Actually


After 20+hours of extra playing time gathering parts for a Khezu Shock Sword(from Khezu and Gypceros no less) plus jacking up the Hermitaur S armor( upgrades and Turtle jewels to improve defense), and adding lessons learned from all the ass-kicking those two Tigrexes gave me, I finally conquered the HR5 urgent. Yay.

Can't say the quest was epic - it was more of a tactical mission than anything else. Top priority was to bring down one of them as fast as possible(50-minute time limit), which meant resisting the urge to toggle between the Tiggers and tunnel-visioning just one of them( I paintball my single target so I can track him on the map - I intended to cut off its tail at first for easy ID'ing, but things didn't pan out)...

First target's easy enough(20 minutes in). Basic gameplan was to go all headshots on them( head and neck being their weakest points). I actually learned a few tricks here and there, like how you can immediately roll under them after a quick strike, so as to avoid any of it's frontal attacks. The Tigrex is definitely one of the more dangerous and tenacious monsters in the game for me, as it gives very small openings for an attack - hesitate and you lose the opportunity, while having to end up on the defensive - and that happens a lot...

After catching up with the first Tigrex in the Snowy Mountain cave(where they go recuperate and sleep), I trapped and tranq'ed the monster(catching them alive is faster). Now I have 30 minutes to finish off the last one. Another mistake I made from previous attempts was 'rushing' the second Tigrex, so this time I kept my cool. I also made sure I wasn't on the defensive too much. Only time I was really laying off them was when they're in rage mode, so I let them blow some steam off.

Part of the Great Sword's charm is that in can block the Tigrex's roars(sucks when they catch you with it - as your character cringes from the blast, while giving the monster the chance to whoop your sorry ass). Again, it's a case of knowing the Tigrex behaviour and choosing to respond accordingly either with an attack or defensive measure...

Game declares last 10 minutes of the game. Tigrex keeps jumping all around the ice field, making it hard to strike, so i figured to lay my final shock trap. Tigrex runs in(almost tags me while setting the trap), gets fried, gets tranq'ed. Mission complete.

Gonna relax a bit. HR6 quests look nasty...


No comments: